Home Management Tab - Teams Using the Random Team Generator
Using the Random Team Generator
Using the Random Team Generator Information
The Random Team Generator feature allows you to create random teams and sub-teams based on criteria you set. This functionality makes the team aspect of ANGEL more robust and easier to support courses with a high number of teams. The team concept in ANGEL allows you to create groups of students for collaboration on team projects. Once a team is created, you can restrict access to different kinds of content based on the team. This tutorial will demonstrate how to use the Random Team Generator. NOTE - You may want to review the Lessons tab Tutorials to learn how to make pieces of content available to teams.
Printable Version: Print out an exact copy of the Using the Random Team Generator tutorial. View Demonstration: View a movie of the screens and cursor movement of the Using the Random Team Generator tutorial.
1. Log into your ANGEL course and click on the Management tab
2. Click the Teams link.
3. Click on the Random Team Generator hyperlink (located in the upper left toolbar).
Random Team Generator
4. The Random Team Generator page appears. Enter the root name of the teams. NOTE - A number will be appended to the end, i.e. Root-01, Root-02, etc. when the teams are actually generated. The wizard will error if the root name plus the appended number is greater than 20 characters. Team names should be comprised of alpha-numeric characters and may include underscore, dash, spaces, or period. However, we recommend that unique names be used due to the file structure naming convention in ANGEL, i.e. Team-01 and Team 01 will have the same file name Team_01. Other special characters should not be used.
5. Determine the Criteria for the teams.
- Limit the number of teams to create OR
- Limit the maximum and minimum number of team members.
6. Determine the User Pool.
- Select the rights required to be a member of the team.
- Select where you are pulling user information, i.e. Entire Roster, Selected Teams or Users not enrolled on a team.
7. Select the option to include Only users who have accessed the course if you do not want users other than those in the course roster. Select Create as sub-teams if you want to create sub-teams of the existing teams you checked in the Selected Teams area. Click Next.
8. The Adjustment Page appears. The Adjustment Page provides the opportunity to move users from team to team, unassigned users, or move unassigned users to a particular team. To move the users, highlight the user name and select the team to move to from the drop-down menu underneath the team or unassigned users.
9. Once you have placed your users on teams, click the Generate Teams button.
10.The Team Generator Results page appears confirming the teams created and the members on each team. Click the Continue button.
11. The Teams Editor page appears with the teams generated.