Home Communication Tab - Chat Rooms Chat Room Settings
Chat Room Settings
Chat Room Settings Information
Real time chat can be very beneficial in an online course. There a number of settings that need to be done before you start your chat session in ANGEL. The Personal Chat Room Settings page allows chat users to modify their individual chat settings. This tutorial will show you how.
Printable Version: Print out an exact copy of the Chat Room Settings tutorial. View Demonstration: View a movie of the screens and cursor movement of the Chat Room Settings tutorial.
1. After you log onto your ANGEL course, click the Communication Tab.
2. Click on one of the Chat Room name links.
3. Click on the Settings Link.
4. The next screen will show you the different settings that you can change.
5. The Refresh Page setting specifies the refresh rate for the chat message frame. NOTE - It is best to set a quick refresh rate otherwise you will not see the new messages sent by other people in the room. The default 10 seconds is a good refresh rate.
6. The Message Life setting specifies how long each chat posting will remain on the screen. NOTE - It is very important to change this setting to a longer length of time or message will disappear from your view.
7. Use Frames specifies whether to display the chat interface in the default frames-based layout.
8. Sort specifies whether postings will be ordered by newest or by oldest posting.
9. Ignore list allows users to select one or more senders to ignore. Postings made by ignored users will not display on the users screen. To select more than one user, hold the Ctrl key (Apple key on Mac) while making the selection.
10. Click Save after choosing your settings.
|| ©2004, All Rights Reserved,
St. Petersburg College
St. Petersburg College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution
Site Disclaimer - Problems with this site, email@example.com