The Fast!page HTML Editor is a WYSIWYG (What you see is what you
get) editor that allows users to quickly create or edit formatted online content
without knowledge of HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). The Fast!page
HTML Editor is available wherever a text area is found within ANGEL. The editor
is available for both faculty and students. It is found in many places within
ANGEL including the email tool and discussion forums.
This tutorial will focus
on how to create and reuse HTML code using Marcos. If you have a common look
and feel to all your content pages, creating a Marco will save you an erroneous
amount of time. Once the Marco is created, you can then quickly insert that
common look and feel into your content pages.
||Print out an exact copy of the Creating Macros tutorial.
||View a movie of the screens and cursor movement of the Creating Macros tutorial.
1. Click on the HTML Editor Link to start creating a simple web page. The
image below is from the Add Page link.
2. Create your page content using the built-in HTML to produce a nice look
and feel. To save the look and feel as a Marco, select the content and click
on the Save Macro icon.
Click Create Marco Icon after content is selected
3. The save Marco window will appear. Type in a name.
Provide Name for Marco
4. Choose a category from the list for your Marco and click save. The Macro
can not be reused in any other place you have access to the HTML editor within
your course. NOTE
- You can create a new category by clicking on the ... button next to the
drop down list.
5. To insert your Marco into another place within your course, bring up the
HTML editor and click on the Insert Marco icon.
Insert Marco Icon
6. The Insert Marco window will appear. Choose a category, click on the
Marco's name, and click Insert to place the HTML into the page.NOTE
- You will see a preview of the Marco.
Insert Marco Window