Skills Assessment

Computerized Placement Testing

If you are enrolled in a degree or certificate program, or in a course that requires a prerequisite, such as ENC, REA or MAT, you may be required to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT).  If, however, you provide qualifying SAT or ACT scores and/or a transcript with appropriate college-level classes from another institution, you may contact an advisor to request an exemption from taking the CPT.

The CPT is used to determine if you are at college level in reading, English and math. It is not a pass or fail test. If your test scores indicate that you need college preparatory courses, an advisor can help you determine which classes you need to successfully complete before you can register for college level courses.


Next: Academic Advising